Resident Parking Permit Application

Evidence of residence and ownership of vehicle will be required for all new applications. Only one permit can be issued to each driver.

Permit is only valid in the street/zone for which you are applying, as shown on the permit.

Your old permit MUST be returned.

The permit is not transferable. Should there be any change of circumstances, e.g. change of householder/vehicle, the permit MUST be returned, and a new permit obtained, providing evidence as outlined above.

If your vehicle is a company car, a letter from your employer must be provided stating the registration number and confirmation that you have full use of the vehicle.

For more information please visit


  • Vehicle registration document - (logbook or V5)
  • Certificate of motor insurance - (showing vehicle registration and name)
  • Letter authorising vehicle use from the owner - (e.g. Company car)
Where possible, please ensure that the above includes proof of address - otherwise separate proof of address will be required - see next section.
A photo of the document is fine but you may be asked to provide physical proof at a later date if required.

  • Utility Bill
  • Driving Licence
  • Pension book
  • Letter from public body or solicitor, tenancy agreement or rent book
Please note: This is not required where proof of residence has been provided as part of providing proof of vehicle ownership - see section above.
A photo of the document is fine but you may be asked to provide physical proof at a later date if required.


This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. The information provided will be used to determine whether you are entitled to a parking permit and if so, administer it. I complete this application form knowing that I shall be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.